Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Never grow up...

With Nina turning 4 and Benton starting to walk and talk I am finding that I am super emotional about them growing up. I try hard not to wish away each stage that they are in because they grow and change so fast it is heart stopping.

I was given a CD this Christmas from Pete that has a song titled Never Grow Up...the first time I heard it searing hot tears sprang to my eyes...It is that dead on about how I feel about my babies growing up...

Benton is starting to sleep more regularly through the night, nurse with less frequency and started walking on Christmas night--really walking--he almost never crawls anymore and the days of him belly crawling are a distant memory. He comes up with a new word at least weekly...Over the weekend I gave him a big boy haircut. It took all the curl and almost all the blond out of his hair--he looks so much older now!

Nina is getting more independent all the time, she is starting to really want to help me around the house. She loves to help me cook or bake, if I pull out the vacuum she insists on helping, and she has helping fold some of the laundry down pat :) She is turning into such a sweet young lady...

I guess what I am trying to remind myself is, no matter how long the day is, the years are short...try to take it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment