Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What to do about Lent?

First off, a disclaimer, I am not Catholic, I am what I would call religious. I believe in God, Heaven and Hell and grew up attending a tiny Baptist Church in the south that I later got married in.

When I went off to college I occasionally attended Mass with my friends because they were the only ones who attended church on any regular basis...This is where I first learned about lent. I fell in love with the concept and was sad that the Baptist did not observe it so this is where I decided that not one type of Christian religion was for me, I sort of mish-mash a bunch of different things together

Hence why I observe lent...the only problem is that today is Ash Wednesday and even though I have tried to decide what to commit to I can't come up with something that I can get behind.

One year ( I think I was 22) I gave up booze, another I gave up Wal-Mart, some years I commit to doing something but this year I am at a loss. I have already started working out and eating better so that is out...I just don't know.

Maybe I will commit to doing one act of kindness for someone else a day, that would give me a chance to touch someone else and lift up my spirit as well. That is it! I am committing to this for the next 40 days, I will update this and keep track of how well I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment