Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Countdown...

Most days I don't have many complaints about being a military wife, I have a great husband who's job affords me the opportunity to stay home with our two great kids. Job security, and a touch of adventure thrown in for good measure...

However, this patrol is KILLING me! Every little thing has me ready to blow my top! I have no patience for the little things that Nina is pulling on a regular basis, the animals are driving me nuts and Benton won't sleep, the list go just go on and on...

This is the longest patrol that we have had here in Wilmington (and still not over yet!) and came right on the heels of the birth of our second child. While I was still trying to wrap my head around having two kids to get up and out of the house in under two days, Pete deploys. ARGH! Talk about perfect timing.

He left just before Nina's 3rd Birthday--which she refuses to acknowledge until Daddy comes home to celebrate by the way...and there still isn't a firm return date as of yet...so we can't even start a real countdown.

I am not really sure what has me all spun up during this patrol, maybe it is adjusting to 2, not having a firm return date, or the stress of transfer season but whatever it is I hope that I can get a hold on it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment