Monday, February 15, 2010

Why Start a Blog???

I have been playing around with the thought of starting a blog for a while and I finally took the plunge because I now have 2 kids that are growing at the speed of light, and a husband that is sadly missing lots of it. My husband, Pete, is in the Coast Guard and is stationed on a Ship that deploys for about 2 months at a time and he was missing out on so much that I thought that this would be an easy way for me to give him a glimpse into our everyday life while he is gone.

Nina is our firstborn, and is a spitfire in every sense of the word! She recently turned 3 but is refusing to acknowledge this until her Daddy is home to celebrate her big birthday. No matter how many times she has been asked how old she is since January she answers: "2--I will be 3 when my Daddy comes home for our birthday." Pete has promised her that they will have a big birthday celebration when he gets back, I wonder, do I have to buy her more birthday presents??...


Benton is our baby, he was born in October and is my real motivation for this blog...He has changed so much since his Daddy has left, I am sure that Pete will be shocked at how much bigger he is and all that he is doing when he gets home. When Pete left Benton was still spending most of his day happily snoozing away wherever we put him...now, Not So Much! He has found his voice (which he practices using at 4am every morning for about an hour), his fingers (which he chews on like he is going to cut teeth tomorrow!) and spends most of his day watching and laughing at his big sister.


Tonight I have time to work on starting this blog because Nina is at my Parents for a few nights. They came up to NC to see all of us for Valentine's Day and when they were getting ready to leave today Nina begged them to take her with them...so after about 2 hrs of trying to convince her to stay here, they gave in and I packed her suitcase! When I told Pete about her going for a few nights he was amazed that she was mature enough to make this kind of decision on her own...She really is growing up fast.

Hopefully she will have a great time at my parents and I will have a short break to recharge and be the great Mommy that I strive to be on a daily basis when they bring her back. :)

So here I sit with just one child again...wow, it is soooo much easier! LOL He is already in bed for the night! I celebrated my little break from being a Single Mom of 2 with a trip to Target during "nap time"! Let's keep our fingers crossed that I haven't just cursed myself to a night of every hour on the hour waking...

No comments:

Post a Comment